Sunday, December 11, 2016

The End

It was awesome. It was sweet. It was passionate. It was crazy. It was eternal. It was love. That is what I thought. That is what I believed. And I know that is what she thought. That is what she believed. We were in love, crazy about each other, ready to spend not one but a seven lifetimes with each other. We said 'I do' , we said 'Qubool hai' everyday. There was nothing else we wanted, just us, just us being together. We were madly in love.

And then something happened. She no more wanted to talk to me. She said our love was a mistake. She regretted the years we were together. She broke my heart. She broke my heart into a million pieces. I fought. I fought to get her back. But she wanted nothing to do with me. I cried every night, I died every day, but she was over me. She moved on. Her friends asked me to move on. I tried, I tried so hard. But I failed. Her memory became my nightmare. I spent hours thinking what went wrong, what made her hate me so much, what I could do to get her back.

But she was gone, to never come back. She was always a stubborn girl. She did not want to be with me and she would make sure she accomplished it. I tried to make peace with it. I abused her, I made my brain and my heart believe that she was evil. I succeeded. I was smiling again. I had finally moved on.

I gave my life a chance. I mingled with friends, I went out with other girls. But nothing worked. I compared everyone to her and no one was good enough. No one could even come close to the perfection that she was. She was the best thing that happened to me, that could have happened to me  but I fucked up. I fucked up everything.

And then one day she pinged me. She told me she is getting married. I died a million deaths that day. I wanted to cry but the tears had dried up. I wanted to get angry but the rage had flushed out. She was gone, forever. Every ounce of hope that I was living with, every possibility of us being together vanished.

 I congratulated her. She found happiness somewhere else and I was happy for her. She deserved the best and she was getting it.

I loved her and I will always love her. If not this life, maybe the next or the one after that. But she will be with me one day. For there is nothing else I have wanted more in my life than spending each and every minute of it with her. For now though, for this lifetime though, this is THE END.


No comments:

Post a Comment