Thursday, December 23, 2010

SACHIN aayla re..

Sadness is a cloud which has engulfed my world recently. Everything has been foggy with nothing to look forward to. To be very blunt, hopeless. But when everything is gloomy, hell let loose, evil everywhere, the horizons turned black, GOD comes to save the day. (This line was the English translation of the very famous hymn - यदा यदा हि धर्मास्या..)



And that is what happened last week.. Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar came and scored his 50th test ton. It may be just another milestone for him, but for us mortals it was like a 2nd Diwali. I am not lying when I tell you that I had taken a day off from office just to watch him play. (Though a term called "hangover" was also a reason).. As he reached his 80's, I was joined by all my roommates. It was not helping my already bad condition of High BP. But that day I dint mind a bit of adrenaline rush. He hit Harris for a 6 at 89. It was inevitable that we started dancing.. Adams was still skeptical and kept telling that "ye 99 par out na ho jae". But my heart knew that today was his day. A drive through the covers took him to the magical figure.. Our house turned into a super sound box.. There was shouting , hugging, dancing, singing and some crying. I mean I am not sure if I would be this happy even when I get a fms call or even convert it (my dream).



Such is the effect of the MASTER on our lives. With a career stretching over 20 years, he has become a part of our mundane. How can a person who can puppet the emotions of a billion people not be the GOD. I am short of words when it comes to describing SRT. As many have already said, I feel proud to be living in the era of SACHIN... I for one would certainly stop watching cricket once he goes. Just hope he wins the WC (which he fully deserves) before that.

Long live the GOD - SACHIN TENDULKAR.

1 comment: